The Benefits of Boosting the Immune System with Natural Supplements
When looking at health news, it is often mentioned that boosting the immune system is one way of ensuring and maintaining optimal health. When the immune system is weak, it is easier for the health to become compromised because the ability of the body to protect itself from viruses and disease is lowered and it is much harder for the body to bounce back to normal once it is hit by a disease.
Not only does it take longer for a person to recover when the health is compromised but it also means that the body is weakened further so it is therefore vulnerable to other diseases and illnesses. According to Prof. Martin Rocken, Director of the Department of Dermatology at the Medical centre in Tubingen, a strong immune system will have the ability to drive tumor cells and tumors into a state where they are permanently dormant.
According to health experts from Harvard University, making sure that you lead a healthy lifestyle is one of the best ways to boost the immune system; a healthy lifestyle means you need to eat a healthy diet, one that has a high amount of fruits, whole grains, and vegetables. It also means that you choose meals that are low in saturated fat. Another thing they suggest is for people to make sure they avoid stress since high amounts of stress has been linked to the weakening of the immune system.
• Include lots of raw veggies and fruits in your diet – studies show that when fruits or vegetables are cooked, they tend to lose nutrients and this is why it is better to consume raw veggies. Eating raw food is one simple and natural way to give the immune system a boost.
• Drink plenty of water – did you know that a significant portion of the human body is water? This is the reason why people need to stay properly hydrated. Not only will it make sure that all the organs function properly but it is also one way to flush out toxins and improve the circulation of blood.
• Eat raw garlic – garlic has properties that fight off infections and has even shown to help people fight off the common cold. Studies have also shown that it has properties that can fight cancer. Garlic is a natural antibiotic that is choc-full of anti-viral and anti-bacterial benefits.
• Get enough rest – do you know that when you rest, you give the body time to repair itself? When you rest, you actually give the immune system a chance to reboot. This is why people who lack sleep often get sick.
• Soak up the sunshine – the sun is an excellent source of vitamin D which in turn does wonderful things for the body and the health. It is easy to get vitamin D since all you need is a good 20-45 minute exposure to the sun. Vitamin D supplements are also available but nothing beats getting it from the main source.