Activated Charcoal Black Ice Cream Recipe For Detox
This is a nice cheat meal which doesn't break your macros
How to prepare black ice cream and what health benefits are on offer
In recent years, black ice cream has become an incredibly popular trend, due to social sharing sites like Instagram and Pinterest. It’s hardly surprising as, not only does it look incredible, but it tastes great and offers a powerful punch of health benefits. If you haven't yet caught on to the trend, it may be time to make yourself a bowl and experience the taste sensation for yourself.
There are a few recipes that you can use to make black ice cream, however, one of the most popular is the following dairy-free option. This method gives you access to even more proven health benefits and improves the flavour of the finished product. Here’s what you will need:
- 3 tablespoons of raw cacao powder
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of activated charcoal powder
- 2 cups of condensed coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons of honey or maple syrup
- 2 cups of full-fat coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of arrowroot starch
- You will also need an ice cream maker or you will need to use an alternative method
Once you’ve got your ingredients lined up, it’s time to get started on making your very own black ice cream. Here’s what you need to do.
- 1. Place your freezer bowl in the freezer overnight (or for at least nine hours prior to starting)
- 2. Take a medium-sized saucepan and add the milk, condensed milk, honey, vanilla extract, cacao powder and arrowroot starch. Keep it on a medium-low heat and be sure not to let it start to boil.
- 3. Once combined, pour the finished mixture into a bowl, cover it, and then place it in the fridge for at least an hour.
- 4. Now, prepare your ice cream maker and turn on the rotating freezer bowl.
- 5. Once ready, pour in the ice cream mixture and let it churn for anywhere between 15 and 20 minutes.
- 6. Added step: For a thicker ice cream, place the ice cream mixture into a container, cover it with parchment paper and leave it in the freezer for an hour.
The health benefits of black ice cream
There’s a reason this recipe is loved so much, and that’s because the combined ingredients can give you a significant health boost. For starters, activated charcoal is an ingredient now used in a number of different recipes, because it holds unique properties. This health food is able to bind itself to a number of toxins and chemicals in your body and draw them out. This purification process is so effective that it is commonly used in hospitals for treating harmful cases of poisoning.
The cocoa powder is a powerful source of natural antioxidants which can help to improve the blood flow to your heart and lower your blood pressure. Coconut milk is both great tasting and, again, very good for you. Regular consumption has been proven to help you lose weight and even lower cholesterol levels . Using honey instead of other sugar sources is beneficial as it is packed full of beneficial enzymes, minerals and antioxidants. Better yet, the finished recipe is good for your waistline, with one serving amounting to just 271 calories, while packing in 12 grams of protein.Previous - Next